What altitude to stay after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frankly I am surprised at everyone's answers so far. According to DAN, flying above 2,000 ft is not recommended until 12 - 18 hours after diving. Yet everyone thinks 1,500 ft is OK an hour or so after diving? That doesn't seem "conservative" to me.

I agree that the chance of DCS are probably low. But the results can be catastrophic. One does not have to troll very far on ScubaBoard to find someone that followed the guidelines and got DCS sick. In my situation there ARE no DAN guidelines. Perhaps I am answering my own question, but I did want to see what others say.

- Bill
Your B&B elevation is less than 1 psi lower air pressure than at sea level, or about the difference of diving 2 ft shallower. If you want to build in more conservatism in the absence of empirical evidence relating to your concern, I'd say do it at the other end of the dive by controlling your time/depth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom