What and where is the OC1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What and where is the OC1?

Well there's one on my wrist right now preparing for a week of Kona diving followed by a week of the same on Maui.

Mahalo, Doug. You were only kidding about having to return it when I get back, right?

I will have to say that is a bad @ss looking computer. It has a nice display on it.

Doug,

Thats a nice looking computer!

I've got a couple of questions....

Is that strap long enough to wrap around a dry suit? Will it work with my VT3's transmitter?

Thanks- Robin

That's a very nice looking computer! If only it had been released last year when I picked up my Atom 2 :wink: I guess there's always going to be something 'new and shiny' on the horizon :D

I have to say that I did a lot of research before comitting to Oceanic for my BCD [hera], Reg [EOS], Computer, but I am incredibly happy with the quality of all my gear. Part of my reason for choosing Oceanic was all the great help from everyone here at the Scubaboard, and particularly the oceanic forum!

Happy spring :)
Katdb

A couple of shots from Kona - thanks WileEDiver :)

oc1_cuke.jpg

oc1_predator.jpg

Thanks for keeping us posted Doug,we had one on the Dutch dive fair,but still none for sale.:depressed:

what will be really interesting to know: How the algorithm compares to that of Suunto in terms of compartments; model used, allowable ascend rate, conservation factors (if any) altitude consideration...etc.

Tonight the OC1 was being passed around at the DiveNSurf dive club meeting in Redondo Beach - CA.

When I got it back I discovered that someone was playing with the integrated compass that needed recalibration ..... no biggie .. I just did a 360 degree spin (on my good knee) ... and voila' the compass was ready to go.

Can you tell that I like those tiny tiny CMOS gates?:D

AM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom