What are the Paracord sizes for diving needs...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Start by explain what you want to use the chord for, that will eliminate a lot of guessing and bad advice.
You are missing the point. It is not a specific post about a specific use/cord.....I'm looking for experience ideas .
So there isn't bad advices here....only knowledge for me and for others

I know now about meny options / cords I didn't thought about.

Many thx! For all knowledge sherings

You are missing the point. It is not a specific post about a specific use/cord.....I'm looking for experience ideas .

Well in that case, I like 3/4" kernmantle rope. I'm also found of 3/16" steel cable and 550 paracord. 2" tubular webbing has it's places too.

Essentially, then, based on your last post... The answer would be...wait for it... None!

Braided nylon line (between #18, #24, #36 and #60) and Shock Cord (elastic bungee type cord) are the only lines / string you should really be considering. There is not any one magic cord for all purposes though. Each size and type has it's own purpose.

First identify WHAT / WHERE you need something - THAN figure out what's the appropriate line. You WILL NOT be able to buy one spool of anything and expect it to work for every possible application...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 20th, 2014 at 05:49 PM ----------

Well in that case, I like 3/4" kernmantle rope. I'm also found of 3/16" steel cable and 550 paracord. 2" tubular webbing has it's places too.

@Fire.... Hehe, I'm always a fan of steel chains (like those big bike locks). I always dive with one of those too, never know when you'll need to re-secure an anchor line, or lock off your china hole from others...

I hope the sarcasm was thick enough :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I honestly say I rarely use paracord of any type in diving? I also rarely see other divers using paracord. The only thing I've used paracord for was for neck and tail clips in my sidemount setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom