What can brown do TO you today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BubbaFetta

Reaction score
Man, the irony (note to God: I'm not complaining THAT much. I suppose it would it be a lot worse if it was the other way round).

My fragile reference audiophile speakers arrived safely. *whew*
(FedEx Ground).

My set of twin tanks didn't.
(UPS Ground).

Go figure.
:confused:

Those UPS morons / gorillas (the ones rejected and kicked out of the tribe from the forests, and thus are forced to work for UPS to live) actually dropped the tanks on the end clearly marked "FRAGILE."

Both Delrin DIN inserts were cracked. One was sheared off.
And both DIN valve orifices are obviously oval.
:mad:

This is the second time this week I've been screwed over by UPS.

Never again.
Next time I will pay more for FedEx.

Searching for a new set of isolation manifolds,
-BubbaFetta

Now that is what you call mishandling. You might be surprised to find out that it may not cost more for FedEx. I always ask if it can be sent FedEx. A lot of business people I know are switching to FedEx whenever possible.
A local auto body shop switched when they kept getting parts either late (overnight delivery) or smashed. The sad part is that UPS doesn't care.

FedEx vs UPS depends a lot on how much time the parcel spends on the ground vs in the air.

Never, ever, ever send UPS to Canadians. They hit you with brokerage fee's, COD fee's, Account fees for setting up the brokerage fees, tax fees... I'm surprised they don't hit you with a vaseline surcharge.

Suffice it to say, we call it Brown not for the color of their trucks... I hate UPS.

Boogie711:
Never, ever, ever send UPS to Canadians. They hit you with brokerage fee's, COD fee's, Account fees for setting up the brokerage fees, tax fees... I'm surprised they don't hit you with a vaseline surcharge.

Suffice it to say, we call it Brown not for the color of their trucks... I hate UPS.

I second that. If a company says they only ship UPS I shop elsewhere. UPS SUcks.

Boogie711:

The vaseline is extra.......................

I've shipped 1000's & 1000's of packages via UPS and I do have horror stories. Very very difficult to collect even when they lose goods. Even when fully insured. They always want to play let's make a deal, i.e. settle for less than the insured value. We are "preferred" account with UPS and we still get slimed with the "brown" Much time and patience require to prevale.

I too have begun to use some FED Ground, it just to have a fall back option the next time USP decides to strike, demanding that their pension money be invested by Jimmy Hoffa's old outfit instead of UPS management.........

Regards,

Tobin

I agree that UPS sucks. They TWICE shipped my set of PST doubles to either the wrong address, or refused to change the address, even when notified that they were set to deliver it to the wrong address. I eventually needed to go to my old apartment to sign for the package.

I now try to avoid UPS at all costs.

Has anyone tried DHL? They are starting to get big and I have seen alot of their trucks and aircraft around...

Just a thought

iflyprops:
Has anyone tried DHL? They are starting to get big and I have seen alot of their trucks and aircraft around...

Just a thought

DHL is pretty big in Asia, as a matter of fact DHL existed BEFORE I even heard of Fedex. DHL recently merged with Airborne Express.

Joke: May be an old one

Have you heard that FedEx and UPS merged?? They're now called FedUps....got it??

I've had my share of FedEx and UPS frustrations....arrrgh

Dive Safe everyone,
Dan

Boogie711:

I'll second that too.
They don't charge for the vaseline because they enjoy doing it to you without it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom