Question What chose to replace xdeep nx700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hcklo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone. I just got an email for a general recall of xdeep lx700 1st stage.

Xdeep is offering a couple of solutions:

Total refund of 1st and 2nd stage.
Replacement of lx700 by cx100 with a 100usd voucher.

I bought last year a sidemount pack and I am a bit lost about what should I do. Maybe go for a sidemount apeks dst xtx50?

I live in Switzerland but I only dive in warm water, even if one day I will start diving here. For me it is a complete overkill today to think about a special cold water reg but having a 5th port and a rotative tower seems at my level something cool to have.
I don't have a lot of experience in sidemount and I am not yet certified dry suit.

Could you please based on those capacities and interest provide me with your best advice :wink: thanks a lot and very sad about xdeep, I was very happy about those regs..

Ps; sorry if bad forum !

Looks like messages are gone...

To the server crash in the sky

So xdeep makes some superhero looking plate with more holes in it than plate
then they make a reg, that looks like a radial engine from a biplane or a model

Why on earth would you put trust in a company and touch weird stuff like that

At those prices it's Halcyon, Scubapro and Apeks all second hand or be square

At those prices it's Halcyon, Scubapro and Apeks all second hand or be square
I would have to agree with happy here...for the price of those xdeep regs you can pick up an apeks xtx50 sidemount set or piece together some secondhand scubapro regs (mk25 + g250 or s600)

I would have to agree with happy here...for the price of those xdeep regs you can pick up an apeks xtx50 sidemount set or piece together some secondhand scubapro regs (mk25 + g250 or s600)

Depends where you are. But here...
The Xdeep regs were one of rhe cheapest.

Only cheaper ones were from Tecline and Diverite.

And on the other hand, if everyone just copied scubapro/apeks. Then we would still dive dual hose, j valves harnessed tanks.

The regulators were great. They do have to be a bit overcautious since EU laws, and they're not as big as other companies.

That doesn't change the fact that they're owning up to their products.

Rather than hiding in a bush whispering, looking at the divers by the pier holding two pieces of regulator
where once there was one

No but why not

Screenshot 79 (67).png

Look at where the bubbles go

Screenshot 80 (84)2.png

Free unencumbered, happy

images.png

@Hcklo

I'd stick with XDeep if I were you. Piotr makes things right. Also, they are not the first company to get screwed by an offshore supplier who messed up the tooling. It happens, but XDeep will make it right. I'd be shocked of otherwise.

@Hcklo
Piotr makes things right. Also, they are not the first company to get screwed by an offshore supplier who messed up the tooling. It happens, but XDeep will make it right. I'd be shocked of otherwise.
When he's not off being petulant on Facebook, perhaps.

This leads us to conclude that the screw is potentially not strong enough, forcing us to rethink this component's engineering completely.
Are you assuming it is the manufacturing fault? He comments that it was an experienced manufacturer in his next sentence...

Back
Top Bottom