What Color is the Ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm taking Mason Jars with me the next time and swim out and scoop up the different colors.

(I've actually had someone ask me for jars so she could do that)

DSC_0064_2.jpg

I mean, she was pretty much-so perfect.

When I started in Oceanography we had water color scales made up of ampules of different color water, from shades of green to shades of blue, in a handheld rack to determine the color of the sea.

1189651895cVsei3.jpg
Bliss

As most of the ocean lies below the light zone, the color of the ocean is black, but I know what you're trying to say... :)

I'll nominate "Beyond Blue," which can be read two different ways, either of which works. First, it's blue, but it's clearly more than that, which is the part that's hard to name. Second, it wouldn't look like that except for what lies beyond immediate view.

Whatever we choose to call it, it is a miracle that it exists, and a further miracle that some of us get to hang suspended in its wonder. I don't think I'll ever take it for granted.

windex blue

UUUUUH, I believe it's blue.

There's that cerulean to "Tiffany" blue of ocean over sand. Then you see parts of emerald green and ultramarine that means coral reef.....that just makes me crazy to get to.

ive neve seen that sort of blue, but i hope to one day.
luckly ive had the privledge to witness some of the most amazing colours in the very habour where i live.
everyday its a different colour and all ways makes me feel greatfull to live by the sea.

Estuarine brown and braille black in some of my dive locations :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom