What did you buy but eventually replaced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a Scubapro Platinum Dealer, I am happy to keep telling my clients that they need to replace " NOTHING "!

Odd ... I wore out my old ScubaPro Superhawk and replaced it with a BP/W, which now has way more dives on it than I put on the Superhawk.

And I've sold about half my SP regs ... and will be selling the rest as I move into a line that will allow me to service my own.

There is no such thing as one line of gear that's "best" for everybody ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

And I've sold about half my SP regs ... and will be selling the rest as I move into a line that will allow me to service my own.
... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why don't you service your ScubaPro regs? I've serviced mine for the last 12 years. It's hard to get the parts at times and I don't care about the warranty issue and to tell the truth, don't even know the details of it. But I had serviced many brands while in the Philippines. SP isn't any more difficult.

Why don't you service your ScubaPro regs? I've serviced mine for the last 12 years. It's hard to get the parts at times and I don't care about the warranty issue and to tell the truth, don't even know the details of it. But I had serviced many brands while in the Philippines. SP isn't any more difficult.
It's become much more difficult to get service kits within the past year or so. I've finally decided to opt for regs that don't prohibit self-service.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... whole bunch of annoyng self promotion deleted...

Do you really think we read these threads for the advertisements?

Do you really think we read these threads for the advertisements?

There are quite a few people on Scubaboard that like to "promote" themselves.

There are quite a few people on Scubaboard that like to "promote" themselves.

I know, but it is usually limited to a quick line or two in something that is generally otherwise on topic - not normally a book of the week like this one. Sheesh.

Just returned a pair of blue Aeris Mako fins for a pair of ice blue ones. Apparently I didn't realize that their are several "shades" of blue. My daughter educated me on the differences hence the return.

While I was at the dive shop wound up picking up new line cutter. My brand new one lasted only one dive, another donation to King Neptune. Big reason why I don't like spend lot's money on these things.

For me it's more a case of "added to" other than outright replaced except for my original air only computer. I bought it for my OW course (it wasn't terribly expensive) and shortly thereafter replaced it with a nitrox capable one.

I've replaced everything except for my compass. My compass has morphed some also, it started it's life in a Sherwood console now it's in a DSS bungee mount.

Scubapro Mk11 with R395 second yoke , replaced the R395 with S600 and changed the Yoke to Din .

Back
Top Bottom