What do you like to eat for pre-dive and surface interval food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
Some use something like this

pineapplecutter.jpg

That looks mouth-watering... :D

justleesa:
Want the recipe? The version w/o vanilla :eyebrow: I could also fedex a container full (from Sams Club :wink: )

I would LOVE the recipe, thanks!

"Blue Sharks", a form of gummy candy, and peanut butter sandwich for SI.
SLiced peaches are satisfying, too. Lots of Caffeine-Free Diet Dr Pepper!

ScubaBeez:
oh how I envy you :(
yea my dive buddy does also. we will always go grab breakfast before a dive. ill usually be eating some eggs, bacon, waffles, grits, or anything else to fill my big butt up lol.....and if he did that he'd yak....maybe ima lil cruel.....i say im just hungry lol

Double Cheese Burger from the Haigh BBQ hut....MMM

If somewhere else or a weekday. Subway club.

a sandwhich...............
but before boats. NEVER have some kind of liquid breakfast drink. i have made that mistake......its not nice. simple carbs are good. like toast

During the surface interval, I generally try to avoid eating meat, protein or much fats because these are harder to digest. If you get into a "situation" underwater, you want to be able to put out 100% of your physical ability. Trying to swim hard with a gut full of hamburger and chips will make you more likely to puke and could affect safety in my opinion.

I stick with snacking on small quantities of complex and some simple carbohydrates. Like cookies that are not too sweet, grape juice, apple juice and lemon cookies, apples, animal crackers, pretzels, dilue gatoraid or lemonaid, granola bars, frosted mini-wheats (without the milk) etc. I also drink about 24 ounces of water on the way to the dive site and then try to drink a little more water than Ii think I need during the day. I try to eat things that would not upset my stomach if I suddenly was required to jog for a mile or so.

I try to make sure I down a bottle of PowerAid (I like blue) before I start diving. I never cramp if I have done this.

For surface interval I like ginger snaps. Someone got me started on that during a trip and they had them on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom