what do you think about a light mount on a camera pole?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using a flexible/"adjustable" light mount on my camera pole and it seems to be very practical and works very well.

Here is a video using the adjustable light mount for the camera pole. It seems to work best when the pole is not extended. Having the light off set a few inches helps as well as it being adjustable.

[video=youtube;4o2vUgX76GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2vUgX76GM[/video]

I have a JBL 3 section spear pole (with the middle section removed) on which I mount an angle bracket that holds the camera and the corded light head. The battery pack (with the light switch) mounts on my pack belt and a surgical tube holds the cord loop to the pole. the light head clips (using a modified money clip) to the bracket - made it myself, but you can buy the pole, the light, and get the bracket from Lowes in the fence and gate hardware section. Get galvanized.

I have a JBL 3 section spear pole (with the middle section removed) on which I mount an angle bracket that holds the camera and the corded light head. The battery pack (with the light switch) mounts on my pack belt and a surgical tube holds the cord loop to the pole. the light head clips (using a modified money clip) to the bracket - made it myself, but you can buy the pole, the light, and get the bracket from Lowes in the fence and gate hardware section. Get galvanized.

I was trying to show an "adjustable light mount" that can hold different type of light sizes and is light weight as well ( plastic and a few stainless steel parts).

Most galvanized parts can easily rust when exposed to salt water! Do you have any pics of your creation?

Back
Top Bottom