what i have been doing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

basing on wind prediction for the weekend

today would be a better day for me to get my gear at the resort for next weekends DOR.

so i have to go today to batangas.....

paolov:
next time we'll let her try the BP/W configuration naman.

did ellen email you? she said ikelite in singapore did not have the DS50 strobe diffuser but they could order it for you. maybe best if wife does the coordinating with Ellen.

happy Whale sharking next week !!!!

Hey Pao -
Does Ellen ship overseas?

Z...

Zeeman:
Hey Pao -
Does Ellen ship overseas?

Z...

yes , thats not a problem with Fedex ups LBC etc..

you shoulder the cost though

All good - she had some stuff I had not seen anywhere else, and her prices were good :)

We pay $99 for a finger spool here.

Yes, you read it right... $99...

And that Ist knife that Chip was drooling over was quit enice too. I knew I should have bought it while I was there.... Maybe just wait 'till September...

Z...

Zeeman:
All good - she had some stuff I had not seen anywhere else, and her prices were good :)

We pay $99 for a finger spool here.

Yes, you read it right... $99...

And that Ist knife that Chip was drooling over was quit enice too. I knew I should have bought it while I was there.... Maybe just wait 'till September...

Z...

yaiks $99?! :D

Right now, I am at around 30,000 ft, somewhere above Western China on my way back from the Philippines to Europe :(

Yes the back-plate... hey Paulo, I got down to 2 lbs and am sure I can even drop those 2 but as I am into photography now, these help me a lot in staying down to get some better shots (or at least I think so...).

We decided to pass on Donsol and go to Gallera (Sabang) instead. Not a great choice in terms of Tyhphoon Caloy.

We did out Nitrox certification while there so got that part of the future technical diving out of the way already.

Back to the Pasaway thingy...

1) while running out of air (i usually indicate the 50-bar sign when I am down to 25-30 bar - no reason to stop a perfectly good dive prematurely is it), well, I did run out of air once... oops...

2) got into deco diving once because I forgot my divce computer and only realised this while on the boat at the dive site... too time-consuming to go back and get it...... what the heck, in the water, someone has a computer and can tell me when to go up :D Yeah right... all the nitwits somehow managed to get into a 3 min. decompression dive, lol

2a) my wife might belong as well, she got a new nitrox computer (after 2 days of diving had already been made)... needless to say, she learned from me :D Dropped her regular air computer for this one and relied on me (HA) on telling her when to get out of the water as of course her computer showed a lot of extra time compare to mine (NO, I did not seriously consider using her computer as a guide instead because I had so much fun).

Anyway, great fun, had a wonderful time except trying to get back to Manila during Caloy (were meant to leave Friday, got out on Sunday afternoon only).

I will likely only be back in a year from now :(
(Now is a good time to step in and console me (or laugh at me if you are the evil type).

<open tears>

<close tears>

My next adventure looks to be a safari (not underwater, a real one) in Tanzania in June. If it happens, I will post some pics for all of you very-frequent-divers to see what real animals look like, HAHAHA. Sorry, I have to laugh... it is the only way I can cope with probably not being able to dive for another year, ARGHHHHH...

Frequent Flyer is definitely not as good as Frequent Diver. Consider yourself lucky if you live close to good dive spots!

All the best

Manuel

Rarediver:
Back to the Pasaway thingy...

1)well, I did run out of air once... oops...

not pasway way......

Rarediver:
2) got into deco diving once because I forgot my divce computer and only realised this while on the boat at the dive site... too time-consuming to go back and get it...... what the heck, in the water, someone has a computer and can tell me when to go up :D Yeah right... all the nitwits somehow managed to get into a 3 min. decompression dive, lol

somewhat a pasaway way... try diving with Mike Veitch !!!

Rarediver:
2a) my wife might belong as well, she got a new nitrox computer (after 2 days of diving had already been made)... needless to say, she learned from me :D Dropped her regular air computer for this one and relied on me (HA) on telling her when to get out of the water as of course her computer showed a lot of extra time compare to mine (NO, I did not seriously consider using her computer as a guide instead because I had so much fun).

now this is pasaway way, especially the HAVING FUN part !!!

Rarediver:
Anyway, great fun, had a wonderful time except trying to get back to Manila during Caloy (were meant to leave Friday, got out on Sunday afternoon only).
definetly a Pasaway way !!!

Rarediver:
I will likely only be back in a year from now :(
(Now is a good time to step in and console me (or laugh at me if you are the evil type).

NOT pasaway :wink:

Rarediver:
My next adventure looks to be a safari (not underwater, a real one) in Tanzania in June. If it happens, I will post some pics for all of you very-frequent-divers to see what real animals look like,

YEs do post them pics we have a thread for that under the Barangay Pasaway subforum, you have to opt-in , check your User conrol panel

request Kim or Spoon to opt you in and post pictures at The PPD photo Thread
there the guys share the pics and discuss the settings they used. in a pasaway way

rarediver:
HAHAHA. Sorry, I have to laugh... it is the only way I can cope with probably not being able to dive for another year, ARGHHHHH...

All the best

Manuel

DEFINITELY A PASAWAY WAY !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom