Question What (if any) brands of BC integrated 2nd stages is this QD post found on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGearExpress

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see if we can "crowd source" an answer to the following question:
In the picture below, if "S" is ScubaPro Air II, et.al. and "A" is Aqualung AirSource, et.al. then what is the "?" post found on?
Please no guessing, if you aren't reasonably sure, please don't guess. The threaded base on all three is 3/8"-24 UNF.
Can you contribute a picture of a 2nd stage (or other device) with this post?

what-is-it.jpg

Note Broken into 3 posts due to forum limitations ...

Caveats:
  • Not the best picture - inconsistent angles and scale.
  • I am not an expert, but never the less, I'm not letting THAT stop me :wink:

I'm not sure that your "S" and "A" are correct to start.

The left fitting does not seem to have the expected locking-ring double-chamfers that I have seen in the ScubaPro style fittings but it does seem to have the same barrel OD before and after the lock ring like the SPs

Reference links & pics:
Crusty Air2: Scubapro 4th Gen Air 2 Alternate Air Source BC BCD Octo Inflator Scuba Dive Air2 | eBay
s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

XS Scuba ScubPro Adapter: XS Scuba “ScubaPro Style” QD Adapter — XS Scuba - Everything For The Perfect Dive
AC930-ScubaPro-Style-QD-Adapter-Stem.jpg

Finally the last (right) looks most like a foreshortened image of an Aqualung with the larger barrel OD at the end and a smaller OD past the locking ring:

Reference links & pics:

XS Scuba AquaLung/Seaquest Adapter: https://www.xsscuba.com/hose-adapters/aqualung-seaquest-style-qd-adapter
AC925-Aqualung-SeaQuest-Style-QD-Adapter-Stem.jpg

Crusty EBay Airsource listing (not great pics): Air Source Scuba | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Better images from an EBay Seaquest-branded version: SeaQuest Alternate Air Source BC BCD Octo Inflator Scuba Dive Air 2 II Aqua Lung | eBay
s-l1600.png

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom