What is Socorro diving like in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I am the diver in the night snorkling video ;-) I have edited another short one:

www.marinevideo.eu - Socorro - meeting gentle giants

This was filmed in 2006 beginning of December on this particular trip and gives a good impression what you can see at this time. As far as I know in January or February the water temperature drops a little bit and from February to March there are good chances to experience whales.

Socorro was our first trip with rebreather. Especially at Roca partida we had fantastic dives. The Nautilus was very supportive and established a third dingi ride for us, so we had the dive sites for us alone sometimes.

Great video and narration, mobula!

Thank you, narration did a friend of mine and we edited together driven by one or the glass of red wine. Hopefully you also liked my music :D My narration doesn't sound as good but I am trying....

www.marinevideo.eu - Lembeh Strait - Destiny of a Sea Urchin (Indonesia)

So, you are going in February? I think it is closer to whale season than to whalesharks. Enjoy, hopefully you have good encounters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom