What is your max depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

free diving I hit 25m with 3mm wetsuit

Just realized that this thread is in the free diving section.

oops. thanks Bill.

okay then..mine is 40 feet. but its a happy 40 feet!

I know a lot of people don't like to talk about how deep they've been but I will tell you that my pb is near 110' doing constant weight w/fins.. and 87' or maybe was it 78' with no fins and constant weight (I never remember)... both still short of my goal but I'm working on it (if anyone can help me get some more equalizations outta the little bit of air I have left down there..I'm open to suggestions, I've tried about everything). it's a far cry from where the records are sitting at and numbers that more and more people are attaining as the sport becomes more popular. working up to these depths has made 60 and 70' dives warm-up dives and has made snorkeling <60' pretty much a breeze. Mind you, a lot of my diving is done in cold, dark, green waters... not the nice blue stuff a lot of folks I'm jealous of get to dive in. ah well, such is life

15m is my best with just my SCUBA fins and no weight. Don't know if that is good or not but it will have to do for the time being. Getting myself some Garas and going to see what happens next time.

I went only to about 5 m or 18 ft but I'm really no freediver although I toy with the idea of trying it sometimes.

The best I ever was able to hold my breath underwater was a bit over a minute and a half. I'm the noob. :D

Divetech in the Cayman Islands took me from 30' drops to my personnal best of 130' in 2 days. They also took my breath hold in the pool from 2 minutes to over 5 minutes. They also trained Tiger Woods to where he reached his personal best of 100' and Jessica Alba for her movie. Divetech teaches the IANTD freediving courses which gives you a certification card from Open Water Freediver, Master Freediver to Instructor and they are fully insured to teach freediving. Divetech has also trained 9 athletes to freediving world records. www.divetech.com

TWO DAYS??? Hope you don't mind us asking how? Sounds a bit unrealistic to me, no offense. Had you been freediving prior? Any one else agree with me or am I just nuts??

worlddiver:
Divetech in the Cayman Islands took me from 30' drops to my personnal best of 130' in 2 days. They also took my breath hold in the pool from 2 minutes to over 5 minutes. They also trained Tiger Woods to where he reached his personal best of 100'

Tiger Woods and his wife Elin took the Performance Freediving course from Kirk Krack. The class was featured in a 6 page spread in the January 2006 issue of Men's Journal.

The PFI course was held at the Cobalt Coast Resort in Grand Cayman, where Dive Tech is located, and I know Kirk has a connection there and has held his Sink Faze events there, but I believe PFI is a separate freedive training business.

I find it odd that you claim Divetech trained Tiger Woods with no mention of Kirk and PFI. Why?

The Men's Journal article obviously was aproved by Woods, but does not mention Divetech. I've read he doesn't take kindly to companies using his name without permission. Ask the builders of his vessel "Privacy."

The PFI intermediate course runs 4 days, and I can attest that it is quite realistic for many average freedivers to make dives well over 100' under their watch.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom