What Open-Heel Fin should I Get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are the foot pockets on those? I have some Cressi spacefrogs but I find the pockets too narrow for drysuit even though they are the same size (XL) as my atomic splits, which fit great.

The foot pocket is a comfortable fit with a soft soled boot or "thin" hard sole wetsuit boot. DUI Rock boot (which I had) will not fit unless you go to a larger size. IF your drysuit has integrated soft sole boots it should fit fine. Maybe some of the "compact" hard sole drysuit boots like White's would fit as well.

However, I got rid of the drysuit as I am mainly a warmer water diver and just did not need it and did not like it compared to a wetsuit. For wetsuit divers, the Cressi is just an outstanding fin. Drisuit divers have to check it with their particular boot. Also, it is very light compared to jets fins or hollis fins. So, for drysuit divers that want more weight on the feet those might be better.

The majority of my dives are in drysuits, so I use Scubapro Jets at home. When I travel, I use...Scubapro Jets. I don't move around much, so I don't need to be constantly kicking the way I've seen divers with split fins do. When I need to move, Jets don't require the same number of kicks as splits do. If I was handicapped in any way I might consider splits, but until then I'll continue using the fins that cost half of what split fins do.

These were the broken ones? What is broken?
they didn't tell me. Just that they were broken. Took the wind right out of my sails. I hate the color red otherwise I would have just taken those. Oh well. I hope somebody here got one of the red pairs after I posted the link. The deal was great and they were just sitting, but sold pretty quick after I posted it

---------- Post added December 24th, 2013 at 11:32 PM ----------

after much more thought on the subject. I'm leaning towards the Hollis F2. They're super small, so should travel very well. They're priced very attractively at $129 shipped with spring straps. And they've gotten nothing but fantastic reviews. Now the question is, after reading about sizing... I wear an 11.5US shoe. Will the XL fit me? I've read that it fits people with a few sizes smaller foot, but it's their largest size. I would imagine that between the adjustable spring strap and the million different thickness boots, hard/soft sole, I should be OK. I mean, it's not like I'm a size 15 or anything. I've got a pretty average size foot, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

they didn't tell me. Just that they were broken. Took the wind right out of my sails. I hate the color red otherwise I would have just taken those. Oh well. I hope somebody here got one of the red pairs after I posted the link. The deal was great and they were just sitting, but sold pretty quick after I posted it

If you're still interested in the GP100 4x4s, PM me. I can't do $90 shipped but I can get you your color of choice for a good deal. They're available in Black, Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. I have all sizes available in black since that's my most popular color. I would recommend the L/XL or XL/XXL depending on the type of boot you're wearing.

Back
Top Bottom