What product/cleaner do you use for O2 cleaning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys..I just want to ask you about the detergent used for DIY divers in USA for cleaning your 02 tanks....What´s Simple Green??? is it a dish washing cleaner ?...a floor cleaning product ?..I live outside US and always it have been unknown for me...How much is this diluted in water for cleaning?.. Here we use a biodegradable product with good results...How much time do you spend trumbling/shaking the tank with these products?

will_tekkie:
Hi Guys..I just want to ask you about the detergent used for DIY divers in USA for cleaning your 02 tanks....What´s Simple Green??? is it a dish washing cleaner ?...a floor cleaning product ?..I live outside US and always it have been unknown for me...How much is this diluted in water for cleaning?.. Here we use a biodegradable product with good results...How much time do you spend trumbling/shaking the tank with these products?

Simple Green is a brand of industrial cleaner which is readily available in the States. Most people prefer "Crystal Simple Green" for cleaning tanks and scuba equipment. The Crystal is clear, rather than green. It lacks the added green color and fragrance that many believe may leave a residue. Citrate cleaners are also popular. Many such cleaners can be obtained from industrial suppliers. Citrate cleaners sold specifically for use by scuba technicians can be purchased from scuba accessory suppliers such as Trident or Global.

I use Blue Gold. It's a bit more expensive but far better. Most of the major manufacturers recommend it.

I use Ensolv (n-propyl bromide). This is an oxygen safe solvent and will remove greases and oils upon contact. After draining and evaporation there is virtually no contaminant left behind.

Simple Green is terrific--- for catching mosquitoes. Mix up a 50/50 batch and leave a bowl of the stuff in your shop or whatever. In no time, you will find dead bugs floating on the liquid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom