What Rechargeables for SB105?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phoenix1:
Yes. In fact most of the posts I read say NiMH has it over LiIon and other types. My question had more to do with brand and capacity.

doh!

i was half a sleep when i replied, i meant rechargeable lion's, from what i have read they out perform NiMhi's.

Have you found any 1.5v or less LiOn batteries? When I talked to Nikon regarding my SB-102 they said NiMh were fine since they're 1.2v but specifically said don't use batteries over 1.5v implying that LiOn will be over and will let the smoke out of it. It does use C's but I would expect the same restrictions would apply for AA's in other strobes.

Good question. Anybody out there have a LiIon battery they've used and are happy with?

Phoenix1:
I am considering switching from ordinary batteries to rechargeables for my SB105 Strobe. I've looked at the several posts on the main board about rechargeable batteries, as well as some of the sites that sell them.

Anybody have any recommendations on brands? Powerizer? Ultralast? Maha?

Any recommendations on mAh? 2300 enough? 2500? 2600? Prices seem comparable.

How many full power shots would you suppose I could get out of, say 2300s? At how many shots does the recycle time begin to get tedious (10 seconds or more)?
I did a test a while back on some 2300 mAH batteries using an SB-105. I didn't see enough difference between brands to really matter. The cheap Powerizer batteries tested out almost as good as the more expensive Energizers.

I wrote up my results for my Dive Club's newsletter. It's gone now but I re-posted it here:
http://scubaluke.home.mchsi.com/batteries.html

Luke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom