What to get first

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on where you're at, I would get a wetsuit for warm water climate or a better way to go is drysuit for a colder/warm climate. I just got my drysuit, and it is definitely more comfortable than renting. My next purchase would probably be a back plate BCD. and the rest...haven't thought that far ahead since i don't have any money left.

Thanks for the feedback. The idea of getting a wetsuit first is a good one. I am tall so getting a rental suit that fits right could be a problem. Since it has been a long time since I have done any diving, instead of doing just a refresher I plan on sitting in on an OW class at one of the LDS in town. They will probably be the one I do most of my rentals from, so when I take the class I can see what kind of suits they have that will fit me. And since most of my dives right now will be in quarries and lakes a comfortable wetsuit would be good idea. But the coast is only a few hours drive away, so a weekend trip to the coast is not out of the question either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom