What to pay for Nitrox cert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just paid $175 each for my daughter and I, private class, no dives required, but two rental nitrox tanks ($16 each in the shop) with the fee, whenever we are ready for them. The dives aren't required, but we are friendly with the instructor who still wants to dive with us, no additional charge.

I'll be teaching a class next Monday ... $125 USD including books, C-card and one tank of nitrox ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes, I got mine in a combo deal with the AOW, but I think it would have been about 100 bucks for just the Nitrox.

I think Sea Dogs in New Smyrna Beach is still running the AOW and nitrox course for $200 US.

This is who I used. Great little dive shop, and they make weekend trips about 2/ month in the winter, and almost every week during peak season.

I just paid $100 for a basic Nitrox course through IANTD. Included books, classroom & certification. There were no check out dives (I think most agencies are going away from requiring the dives). I was impressed with how the class was conducted. We did not use nitrox tables, but instead went through a step series of formulas to determine what we needed to know by converting the nitrox to air tables. A very good class that delved deep into gas theory. Nitrox fills around here range $10- $14.

My experience was the same as Carhill's -- did it pretty cheap as a resort course, packaged with Nitrox for the week.

Nitrox here is typically between 2 and 4x the price of air depending on mix and size of tank.

NorthernShrinkage:
Your buddy is gonna charge you 20 a pop:rofl3:

range around Ont is 15-20

Oh and yes I do pay for Nitrox only get free air:mooner:

HMMM... I suspected that.. Might have to get an analyzer & a U-Brew home nitrox blending station. :rofl3:

BTW, Shrink, they found the leak.. Should be fixed in under 3 days. I got "urgent" priority and they bumped me ahead of all others. :p

S.

I paid about $150-200 for the TDI Nitrox course - (it's much more in-depth than PADI - no pun intended) - Now that I'm doing my Divemaster, I'm really glad that I learned all of the extra physics/chem that is in the course - I got 2 dives included in that price as well :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom