What type of switch you prefer on dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There are different switch types on dive lights, such as body side switch, rotary switch, magnetic slide switch, dual clicky switch.... Some users told they like the side switch, just using a single button to control on/off and brightness adjustment, very easy and convenient. And there are also many dive lights with two switches, combining clicky type and tail rotary switches. Such as, the D30 4000 used for uw photography, the switch near head regulates white light, and tail rotary switch can be used to change different light colors. Based on different diving activities, the requirements for the dive light are different. :snorkel:How about your preference for the switch type? Welcome to comment below.

my canister light is just on/off (no adjustments or levels) - it's old switch leaked, so I sealed it and built a magnetic slide switch - works great. For a multi-setting light -the push button works well.

Whatever one you guys use that's push button but rotate to lock.. I know it's magnetic. I've never had these turn themselves on.

On the other hand I have had the magnetic switches without the manual lock turn themselves on, even if they've been locked and require 2 pushes or whatever. They find a way.

For backup lights, mechanical rotary switch.

For primary (non-video) lights, a locking push button switch works well. Your non-locking switch - even with the software lockout - accidentally turned on so many times that I had to design a guard for it.

For backup lights, mechanical rotary switch.

For primary (non-video) lights, a locking push button switch works well. Your non-locking switch - even with the software lockout - accidentally turned on so many times that I had to design a guard for it.
Pretty sweet, did you post that anywhere?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom