What you think about this, is it possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When it comes to advancements, the military are pushing the limits of everything. They are enjoying the largest budgets for technical discovery than any organization. At least it's good to hear they are trying to make things safer for their divers. I've met men injured diving for the navy. They were doing projects that required extreme diving conditions. I believe the ocean is similar to space when it comes to military. They want to always be trying to gain more knowledge and more abilities in these environments. There's really no limit to what they may get done over time with our money. Adventure-Ocean

Researchers at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the development of new military technologies, are now tasked with developing scuba gear and microsystems to help enable navy divers to perform in extreme conditions, and aid against decompression sickness or sudden death due to reaching the surface too quickly.

http://www.psfk.com/2013/01/navy-diving-aquaman.html#!xKzar

I would think if it were real that the navy would want to keep it a secret. breathing static gas mixtures at prescribed pressures = submarine.

It's not really a new invention.

R..

Diver0001, you can bet the resulting projects will be classified, at least initially. By law, though, the project RFPs have to be public for a significant percentage of the projects they open up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom