What's a reasonably priced underwater detector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qtdivergirl,
I agree with the others, check out Kellyco's website as they usually have the best prices to be had. I currently am using a Minelab Excaliber for diving and beach hunting and have even used it a few times in the turf with great results. I can almost guarantee that you WILL be hooked on detecting with whatever model you choose also Check out Treasurenet, they have a good forum on beach and underwater detecting.
Best of luck, Jon

Michelle,
I've been detecting for over twenty-five years and selling detectors for about fifteen years now.I use a Garrett Seahunter and a Minelab Excaliber, both are excellent machines. The Garrett works better on iron artifacts where the Excaliber is better for gold and silver in areas that may have alot of trash. Don't let a high price tag stop you from buying a better machine, with gold at almost $1,400 an ounce it won't take long for it to pay for itself. Some people buy a cheap machine to start with and get frustrated and never stick with it long enough to get good at it. Good luck.

Michelle,
I've been detecting for over twenty-five years and selling detectors for about fifteen years now.I use a Garrett Seahunter and a Minelab Excaliber, both are excellent machines. The Garrett works better on iron artifacts where the Excaliber is better for gold and silver in areas that may have alot of trash. Don't let a high price tag stop you from buying a better machine, with gold at almost $1,400 an ounce it won't take long for it to pay for itself. Some people buy a cheap machine to start with and get frustrated and never stick with it long enough to get good at it. Good luck.
I've heard a lot about the Minelab Excaliber - do you have a website that I can check out? Thanks for the great advice - I'm very excited to start!

Well I finally got my metal detector two weeks ago - I got a White's PI Dual Surf detector. Already found some interesting artifacts in my backyard (I live on the Brandywine Battlefield in PA) and took it to the beach last weekend (found lots of bobby pins). I am so excited to go diving with it!:banana:

Before you do any detecting make sure you find out the local laws. You would hate to break a rule unintentionally and get into trouble. I say this because years ago, I ALMOST did this yikes!!!!

I recommend underwater metal probe very small can put in pocket USD150.00
TMP.jpgTMP44.jpgTMP34.jpgTMP04.jpg

Presently the only one I have is a Vibra-Tector Treasure Products, Inc | Home of the Vibra-Probe I think they are under $200 but are not suitable for land use unless you are going to hunt on your hands and knees.(great as a pinpointer).
the only other underwater detector I have used is a detector pro which is only suitable for land as the water tight seals leak and the ear cups crack.

the only other limits on the Vibra-tector is its short reach which limits the area you can sweep
and it will only penetrate to about 4 inches . all that said its a grate machiene for the price and easy to transport

That looks awesome nice an small and portable I want it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom