What's the deal with this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathie,

Good catch! I missed that part. You're right, the owners of a dive store should know what an H-valve and Y-valve are along with manifolds. In fact, they most likely do know, and have another reason for requiring a pony. I also read on to discover the store he is talking about isn't the shop I work at, but another store in southern Michigan with a similar policy.

My basic point is that stores have rules for reasons other than wanting to throw their weight around as Scuba Police. We haven't heard the views of the other side yet. I wrote in with my perspective as we have a very similar policy to that store.

-Brady

After reading threads on this web site that a longer primary hose is a good idea, I go to a LDS and ask what the price would be for a longer primary. They ask me how long? I reply 5ft. would be good, that way if I have to share air their should be enough hose. The dive shop owner comes out and says, "are you cave diving"?, I say "no". He says "your primary is long enough, I won't sell you a longer hose, you need a pony bottle."

What is this, with the scuba nazi's?

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :confused:

caymaniac once bubbled...
He says "your primary is long enough, I won't sell you a longer hose, you need a pony bottle."

What is this, with the scuba nazi's?
Extreme Exposure sells custom hoses, including the 5' you're looking for.

One 5' hose: $35.00 plus S&H

vs.

One pony: $135.00 approx.
One reg set: $250.00 approx.
One SPG: $80.00 approx.

Total pony: $465.00 approximately PLUS rigging.

Telling the LDS to get bent: priceless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom