What's the difference between Scubapro MK19 and MK19 EVO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macbeth79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Maybe this has already been discussed somewhere, but I couldn't find any threads about it. I was wondering what is the difference between the Scubapro MK19 and MK19 EVO. Some people say that the MK19 (not sure if this was being referred to the MK19 or the MK19 EVO) is just a MK17 with a turret. There must be a difference between the MK19 and MK19 EVO as the Scubapro service kits are the same for the MK17, MK17 EVO, AND MK19, but different for the MK19 EVO. Personally, I never heard of the MK19 (before the MK19 EVO), but maybe other people have. Is it possible that the "original" MK19 (not the EVO) was actually a MK17 marketed differently outside the North America?

The MK19 has been sold I think only in Europe in 2008-2009, it's pretty rare.
It was not a MK17 with a turret, but a different design. It did not have preferred ports as MK17s.
The MK19 EVO has one high flow LP port, is smaller, lighter and streams more air per minute......

Actually, all IP ports are High Flow Ports on the MK19 EVO.
As it turns out, I was able to find out that the original MK19 was only available to the European market in 2007, as per: SCUBAPRO Regulator History - Снаряжение дайвера. - Каталог статей - Дайвинг в Донецкой обл. г. Горловка г. Донецк и другие if anyone is interested.
I was also able to find a few pics of the actual MK19 on a used items for sale website in Denmark. Doesn't look like it's the same reg as the current MK19 EVO.

Attachments

• Scubapro MK19 - 2007 version - 2.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • Scubapro MK19 - 2007 version - 3.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • Scubapro MK19 - 2007 version - 4.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • Scubapro MK19 - 2007 version - 5.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
  • Scubapro MK19 - 2007 version.pdf
    269.9 KB · Views: 86
I think I still have at least two of the original MK19s, another one I gave as a present to a friend.
I'm pretty sure that only the top port on the turret of the MK19 EVO is a High Flow Port, I'll check.....

Attachments

• L1160634.JPG
    L1160634.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 126
  • L1160635.JPG
    L1160635.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 94
  • P1080746.JPG
    P1080746.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 133
According to the Scubapro catalog, all 5 ports of the MK19 EVO are High Flow. To be honest, I am not sure if these actually make any difference as the max flow rate of the standard IP ports is more than you would ever use (or need). From my personal experience with the MK17, MK19 EVO and MK11 EVO, I can tell no difference between the amount of air supplied through the standard IP ports and the High Flow Ports.

By the way, having now seen the original MK19, I can see what people meant by saying "it's a MK17 with a turret." It looks exactly like the MK17.

Attachments

• Scubapro 1st stage chart.jpg
    Scubapro 1st stage chart.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 118
Thanks, I also found it now.
In the German SP Catalog of 2023 it says about the MK19 EVO:
' The swivel head offers four high flow low pressure ports and one axial superflow low pressure port for maximum configuration options.'
Seems I mixed up the 'High Flow Ports' with the 'Super Flow Port', whatever difference that might be........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom