What's the diving like around Boston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So tell me what's the differemce between diving in Boston and Cape Ann?

They're similar, except that Cape Ann has lots of shore dives, several wrecks, and a few rocks and islands. Boston has lots of rocks, islands, and wrecks but almost no shore dives.

So even if I could, going for a dive in the back bay area may be fround apon, specially with someone carrying a pear gun with them.

STOGEY:
So even if I could, going for a dive in the back bay area may be fround apon, specially with someone carrying a pear gun with them.
Well, there's a lot of boat traffic, heavy law enforcement and US Navy patrols, a nearby international airport and international shipping facility, several pipelines, the central artery tunnel, a USCG base, several bridges, and water that's still got a reputation as being less than clean enough to swim in. I'd say give the back bay a miss... it's likely to be a lot more trouble than it's worth.

I kinda figured that, besides with all the septic systems around there, you would always be swimming in someone elses stuff.

STOGEY:

Pear guns can cause all sorts of problems. Stick with apple guns and you should be fine. Lots more apples than pears in new england. New Hampshire apples taste better, but Massachusetts apples definitely make better ammo.

I think I'll duck now.

Back
Top Bottom