What's the latest info for Koh Samet please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedrewsf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
hello - since info on Koh Samet here is quite aged now, I'm hoping there are some people out there with recent experience to share.

me and the gf will be in BKK mid-August. seems the east coast is best for diving that time of year. i'm a very experienced DM (based in Manila) and gf a skilled beginner (great buoyancy already). my research seems to rule out Pattaya (crappy diving) so hoping Koh Samet may scratch the diving itch (mostly for her; she lives in Canada).

would be great to get people's takes on:
1) diving that time of year; is Koh Samet a good choice for an easy trip from BKK? (if not, or any better *easy* choices, please share)
2) any good dive ops to contact/use
3) any must-dos on Koh Samet (dive sites, restos, hikes, other nature, etc)

thank you for any helpful info!

Look into Koh Chang instead. It's a larger Island that has better options for diving, dining, and accommodations.

Look into Koh Chang instead. It's a larger Island that has better options for diving, dining, and accommodations.
thanks for the reply...but for a number of logistical reasons, Koh Chang won't work out for us this trip.

hoping to hear from others with some recent Koh Samet info. tia

Koh Chang is not that far from Koh Samet.
However, August is the rainy season for both Koh Chang and Koh Samet.
If you really want to impress your gf then Koh Tao would be a much better choice. Getting there is NOT difficult. Sleeper train to Chumphon and then bus + ferry across(Lomprayah or similar).

Thank you for the replies. We'll skip diving this trip entirely.

/thread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom