What's the story with Canadian Extreme Dive Equipment Co.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas once bubbled...
Like I said in my previous post, I've checked everything else, even purchased a replacement lighthead assembly. Still no go. I will try a detailed clean instead.

Good call bud, I used the eraser on the contact areas of the batter tray, and the body where it contacts the lighthead.

I put in the batteries, and wallah, super bright backup light again.

Anybody who has this problem, try this method of detailed cleaning.

I actually used brass polish originally and it was shiny as heck, it turned out that the contact areas were not clean, the eraser method works.

but remember you have fixed the immediate problem but not the cause which is probably wrong brass

take my advice and tin it and it wont happen again otherwise its just a matter of time until it does unless you want to polish the contacts before every dive

jonscubas once bubbled...

Good call bud, I used the eraser on the contact areas of the batter tray, and the body where it contacts the lighthead.

I put in the batteries, and wallah, super bright backup light again.

Anybody who has this problem, try this method of detailed cleaning.

I actually used brass polish originally and it was shiny as heck, it turned out that the contact areas were not clean, the eraser method works.

To clean electrical contacts we use a "fiberglass eraser". It is a fiberglass shaft that is built into a mechanical pencil or china marker housing. They are pretty cheap and I keep one in every tool pouch or box.
They are available at Radio Shack and are also sold at Walmart in the auto department as a spot sander " near the fiberglass repair and body putty stuff"

If you are ever in a pinch to shine up same brass contacts and are not near tools. Rubbing a US bill on the brass will help. We used to use this method on the old Juke boxes where the contact wheel was a large surface.

DNAXdiver once bubbled...
but remember you have fixed the immediate problem but not the cause which is probably wrong brass

take my advice and tin it and it wont happen again otherwise its just a matter of time until it does unless you want to polish the contacts before every dive

It's decently bright obviously but not as bright as I would like it to be, it's probably because the bulb is not being overdriven like it was before, and now since there's only 3 X C's running it. What do you mean the brass may be wrong? do you know where I can get a replacement tray that would work on this Canadian Extreme?

do you know where I can get a replacement tray that would work on this Canadian Extreme?
Is it the standard tray that's compatible with the UK SL4 head? If so, you can probably get a couple from UK. Can you put a pic up of it? I have a few of those UK 300's that are basically the same as the CE or Scout lights, I could compare it to that.

The battery tray in the CE light is made by Darren - it's a folded strip of brass with a spring on one end. It's not made by UK.

Ah, I see custom tray. I wonder if the UK tray would work in that light?

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
Ah, I see custom tray. I wonder if the UK tray would work in that light?
Actually if someone could try this and post the results, it would be very interesting. I'm not overly impressed with the CE battery tray.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom