What's the turnaround time at your LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine are always done in a day - but I do it myself. There are a few reasons why it might take more than a day like parts availability but routine parts should be on hand. How long do you wait for a shop to do a brake job on your car? Why should a regulator service be much different?

Edit: Another exception is when the reg is in such bad shape that extended soaking is required for disassembly. I have found some pretty ugly regs on ebay.

I think that mine is about a 2 week turnaround for regs, although if you're a decent customer, they will probably let you barrow a reg for a local trip. When I bought my first set of tanks, they let me rent a pair for free while I was waiting for mine to arrive.

Sounds like it's pretty normal then. The shop I dropped my stuff off at has a full service repair facility on site... so they don't send it out anywhere. And by "stuff" i mean reg, BCD and dive computer. But I suppose next time I should say "I have a dive planned next week" :D

3-4 weeks for mine. Unless you need it sooner. Then it's more like 3-4 weeks.

took two months on my last vip insp,have another getting inspected now,if it takes that long again the relationship ends.

DawgDiver:
Sounds like it's pretty normal then. The shop I dropped my stuff off at has a full service repair facility on site... so they don't send it out anywhere. And by "stuff" i mean reg, BCD and dive computer. But I suppose next time I should say "I have a dive planned next week" :D

Actually I think most LDS's take several days. Often they have someone doing the service work that often works another job also during the day for example.

I've never had a problem not getting it done quicker by asking nicely and letting them know I had a trip planned somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom