What's up with all the Finger Walking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only times I have seen Dive Masters do this is when they are pointing something out to someone on the bottom. If they are "crashing into the bottom" they must have very strong fingers.
Relax and have fun.

Just a thought, having been a guide and DM, you often carry extra blocks of lead to pass up to the so called 'trained' divers who don't have a clue what weight they need , and any form of trim is a mystery to them as well.
Try it with 6-to -9lb of extra lead in pockets.

Not really an excuse. It's not hard for an experienced diver to maintain neutral buoyancy on descent while carrying a bit of extra weight

Not really an excuse. It's not hard for an experienced diver to maintain neutral buoyancy on descent while carrying a bit of extra weight
True, Most guides do just that, there is a qualifier, I did say most.
Have you been a pro guide, worked at a resort, etc ? Do it enough you don't even think about it [ lugging extra blocks of lead ], stay off the bottom, reef , sand or whatever, never finger walking , what a funny term . :giggle:

We have all seen [if you dive enough in some parts of the world] the quality of some guides, some fantastic, others, not so.
OK.
I have gone too far off topic.

Edit: Deleted some examples of how some guides could be better , and the lack of training, that horse has been flogged to death.

I
I thought this thread was going to be about finger puppets.
I thought it was going to be about using the yellow pages.

Or crawling along the bottom in a ripping current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom