What's your dive accessory pet peeve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get your popcorn ready

Fine, have it your way and let’s totally mess up this thread. First this is really stupid and pointless to be going on and on about such a minor topic, which is way I tried to put a stop to the endlessness (wasn’t sensitive to it). But even that has to draw in more criticism. Second I wish people would just READ. I simply stated that I don’t like something I simply stated why I don’t like it, why does it need to get further dragged out? The subject was dropped but no lets keep kicking this dead horse. Hate myself for keep getting myself dragged into this. Didn’t even originally come in here to say that these things ANNOY me. Quit being so nit picking about every word that is typed. Yes there are people that have way more experience then me, and I do try to hear what people say, that is why we are all here. Bolt snaps, I have bought them, tried them, and don’t work for ME. Cave line, never used it because don’t think it’s good enough for ME, maybe it is strong enough, in my opinion I think there is better. I accept the fact that these things work for YOU great enjoy. I have some suicide clips and some trigger snaps. I try different things to find what I like best, thus far can’t say I’m not completely satisfied with the way I have things, but it worked for me at the time. But really is it really a suicide snap? Something can force it’s way in there and then your stuck and going to die, really. And your right I did pick my equipment the wrist slate is why now I don’t like velcro on certain things and it wasn’t like I knew that velcro was going to turn to crap when I bought it. I also don’t care for plastic clips (broken enough of them) but I liked SMB so I take the good with the bad and it’s not a big ticket item so if it gets lost no big deal. Do you like 100% of the all the gear you bought? I’m sure there has to be some minor things about it that your not in love with. That all said come on who’s next? :comeandgetsome:

Let’s add kicking dead horses to the list.

breathe man, breathe......

Exactly man.

I was not taking issue with anything you had. So me where I said what you had was crap or was going to kill you. I asked you what you used instead and then when you stated you did not like it I asked why. I think you are finding issue where I have none. Maybe you have had people harrass you in the past and that put you on the defensive, but that was never my intentions.

Here let me really blow your minds. I don't dive with a BP/W either, and my aqualung regs are put on the tank upside down, and I still use my split fins. To top it off I like using dive tables instead of my computer. Quick someone revoke my certs, I'm dangerous.

Here let me really blow your minds. I don't dive with a BP/W either, and my aqualung regs are put on the tank upside down, and I still use my split fins. To top it off I like using dive tables instead of my computer. Quick someone revoke my certs, I'm dangerous.

Congrats. I don't use a backplate wing much anymore either. I dive side mount. I prefer cutting my own tables when doing deco dives.

You are getting really bent out of shape for NO reason. I find it quite comical. I have not insulted you or your gear in anyway. I simply asked what you used.

I never said you were dangerous because of your gear I dive philosophy. I am starting to think you are dangerous do to your attitude and shot temper. That is what scares me.

if you tie cave line properly(its not hard to) then you shouldnt have much to worry about it breaking or coming undone. all my boltsnaps that are tied on have had the knot slightly melted. very hard for it to simply come untied. if it snags, a quick swish of the knife can take care of it. trey cutting through a suicide clip...

maybe you had a bad day or something, but i hope your evening gets better.

could still have cave line tied to the suicide clip so you have something to cut just like the bolt snap no diff

could still have cave line tied to the suicide clip so you have something to cut just like the bolt snap no diff

Only nylon will stretch a bit when wet and suicide clips could slide and get turned into a position where they were useless. Non locking carabiners also show the lack of understanding of term "risk management". I can't post the pic as it's in a book but there is a very good picture of John Ormsby whose clip got tangled in some cables while penetrating the Doria. Or rather a pic of his body. The entire account is on pages 15 -31 in Kevin Murray's "Deep Descent". Now some will say that's the Doria or I will never do tech dives or dives where that could happen. If you dive where people fish it certainly can.

Carabiners can also get caught on a rope or line that once on cannot get off as you can't get the gate open.

And this is a fun thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom