What's your experience with DeWalt battery warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no experience with Dewalt batteries, but Ridgid, Home Depot's adopted house brand that is manufactured by the same company that makes Milwaukee, has a great battery replacement plan...basically if you register the battery pack on the Ridgid website after purchase they will replace the battery pack if it stops holding a charge, and the replacements are covered too. It is my understanding they will continue replacing the battery packs in perpetuity...or until they find this plan financially unfeasable for them as a company and change the policy....but for now its ripe to take advantage of.

-Z

I have no experience with Dewalt batteries, but Ridgid, Home Depot's adopted house brand that is manufactured by the same company that makes Milwaukee, has a great battery replacement plan...basically if you register the battery pack on the Ridgid website after purchase they will replace the battery pack if it stops holding a charge, and the replacements are covered too. It is my understanding they will continue replacing the battery packs in perpetuity...or until they find this plan financially unfeasable for them as a company and change the policy....but for now its ripe to take advantage of.

-Z
They change their battery format about every 7-10 years. They will replace the lifetime warranty batteries until they no longer make that battery. It is still one of the better battery warranties in the industry, but their "lifetime warranty" ends up being about 10 years.

I have warrantied or attempted to warranty five different dewalt items over the past six months. Each item seems like it is a slightly different process. I used the text chat function to reach out about a 7 year old 20v battery that stopped holding a charge and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked. I had a similar experience with a grinder, no questions asked, got a new tool. More recently I had another 20v battery of about the same age quit and was told it was not under warranty and to toss it. I had a 1/2in impact and drill fail this week and was told to send both of them in for repair. Luckily, I have not had any issues with my 60v batteries, yet.

I have had good experience with using their text chat function to get a quick response from them.

I understand now why Dewalt batteries cost 3-4X what the no name batteries are. It is because they just replace it no matter what silly thing you did to destroy it. Blacktip has done some testing with some of the off brand batteries recently and has some 'recomendations' on their website. Burn Testing PTB Batteries... for Science!

They all look like 5 and 6 amp hour though.

I have warrantied or attempted to warranty five different dewalt items over the past six months. Each item seems like it is a slightly different process. I used the text chat function to reach out about a 7 year old 20v battery that stopped holding a charge and they sent me a brand new one, no questions asked. I had a similar experience with a grinder, no questions asked, got a new tool. More recently I had another 20v battery of about the same age quit and was told it was not under warranty and to toss it. I had a 1/2in impact and drill fail this week and was told to send both of them in for repair. Luckily, I have not had any issues with my 60v batteries, yet.

I have had good experience with using their text chat function to get a quick response from them.
I'll try that. I haven't received a response in 3 days.

It took some time for them to get back to me. They are sending replacement batteries. I just don't have any shipping details yet.

Doing the warranty claim through email was very slow. I recommend using other forms of communication to file a claim.

I have used their chat window on the DeWalt website to initiate a warranty claim and they replaced a battery (it was 2 years old) without any questions/issues and shipped me a brand new one.

I received the batteries today

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom