What's YOUR Favorite Shark?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silky sharks - interesting behaviour nice sharks to watch, have been known to deliver one heckuva head butt to divers, black/white/silvertips, thailands Leopard sharks, Lemon Sharks and for something out of the ordinary - tawny nurse sharks, hammerheads and the juvenile white off in the distance i caught sight of..would like to encounter one closer.

I love the ones that smile for the camera :)

Shark 1.jpg

The rest are pretty cool too :D

For me it has to be oceanic white tips (longimanus).

They are the most curious sharks I've dived with and have dived with then a fair amount now.

They get up close and really personal (without chumming) and it always makes for an interesting/exciting dive. I'd be quite happy diving with them and only them and every day for the rest of my days.

I also like the fact they hang around the 0-10m depth. Means 90 min dives with then no problem.

I've only dived with a few, but I'm a big fan of Port Jacksons and Wobbegongs. Port Jacksons just have that aloof, proud look, kinda like cats. Wobbegongs look like swimming carpets- Wobbegong out in the open! - YouTube

I am off to Jervis Bay in the August/September to help out on a Port Jackson research project, really looking forward to it and I hope i can do a couple of dives with them.

In terms of my favourite shark species ... I have always been a bit of a fan of Mako's! Tried to go out cage diving with them in NZ last year but a large storm put paid to that!

I

In terms of my favourite shark species ... I have always been a bit of a fan of Mako's! Tried to go out cage diving with them in NZ last year but a large storm put paid to that!

Have never dived with Mako's. Is a cage really necessary?

Scalloped Hammerhead (Sphyrna lewini[FONT=arial, sans-serif])[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Why? Because the look the coolest to me.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]No, I have not dove with them, yet. That is on the to-do list.[/FONT]

Gotta be the hammerheads. We're spoilt rotten here though, 13 different species our first year so it's virtually impossible to pick a favourite! :) Still need to see a tiger properly 'cos the flash in the distance so far doesn't count....

Caribbean Reef ... so far my one encounter with this 10 ft. gal she stopped momentarily about 3 ft. away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom