When not diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go to youtube and watch dive videos of places I hope to someday dive. And I go to travelocity and price trips I'll probably never get to go on.

I'm currently enjoying (not) an obligatory, unwelcome surface interval based on an injury.

What I'm doing: Boat tending for tech divers. Planning two articles for our local dive magazine -- one on unified team diving, and one on non-silting propulsion techniques. Learning to service my own regultors (spent several hours this afternoon watching a couple of other people service theirs). Doing all deferred maintenance on my gear. And tonight, we had a barbecue party for a bunch of diving friends, so that if I can't dive, I can at least TALK about diving.

I'm currently enjoying (not) an obligatory, unwelcome surface interval based on an injury.

What I'm doing: Boat tending for tech divers. Planning two articles for our local dive magazine -- one on unified team diving, and one on non-silting propulsion techniques. Learning to service my own regultors (spent several hours this afternoon watching a couple of other people service theirs). Doing all deferred maintenance on my gear. And tonight, we had a barbecue party for a bunch of diving friends, so that if I can't dive, I can at least TALK about diving.

I know how it grinds me to lose dive time so I can imagine what it does to someone who lives where they can dive at will. Hope you heal rapidly and are able to get in the water sooner than you anticipate.

Read Clive Cussler novels, surf ScubaBoard.

Process photos. I have thousands of photos that haven't been properly processed or catalogued, going back to the film days. This used to involve hunching over a light-box with a loupe, running the keepers through the Coolscan, tweaking them in Photoshop, and, often, identifying the species in the photo. It's a lot simpler these days, but I also collect a lot more photos on a typical trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom