when will the storms stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbulmer:
I was in the sea 5 weeks ago off Brighton - 1 foot vis which was yuk.

Had 50cm vis and total blackness in the irish sea last saturday. 40mph winds and rain didnt help either.

This weekend 70mph winds forecast so yet again sea diving abandoned. Weather wise we've had 2 weekends in the last 4 months where the weather has been safe to dive in the sea. Worst i can ever remember.

String:
Same problem the other side of the irish sea. Months now of near constant storms.

Well it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and this is when our reservoirs (both natural and man made) fill up. Or else we would die in the summer.

I love the rain and storms, even though they preclude scuba for about 3 months out of the year. That is true in both hemispheres as well. The Earth is remarkably balanced.

Water levels in reservoirs are the lowest since records begun. Storms here are mainly wind this year.

Warmest ever winter too although that sadly hasnt altered the water temperature in the slightest. Still 4c at depth inland and 6c in the sea.

Back
Top Bottom