Where are all the divers... not on Catalina!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you guys bring your tanks with you? Isn't it easier to just rent them there? We did that on Sat, and it was a breeze. No worry about storing them on the ride over, no lugging them around, and when you want a refill they just replace the one you rented with another that is already full (well, unless it's real crowded...).

We were on the monster boat out of Catalina Landing (Long Beach), and the only problem I had was when we got to Catalina I went back to the stern where all the diver gear was, and some clown had thrown his gear on top of my bag, which had my brand new regulator and mask in the outside pockets. No damage, just made me nervous. Next time I'm going to wait and be one of the last people to get on the boat, and carry my reg with me.

mccabejc:
Why do you guys bring your tanks with you? Isn't it easier to just rent them there? We did that on Sat, and it was a breeze. No worry about storing them on the ride over, no lugging them around, and when you want a refill they just replace the one you rented with another that is already full (well, unless it's real crowded...).

Yeah, I always question my reasons for bringing my tank (and weights) about the time I unload the car. But I do have my reasons. First, I have the tank so I might as well use it and save a few dollars by not renting. Second, I prefer steel tanks (mine is a HP-100) and they do a nice job filling at the CP station, so I feel like a get a little more air and I can carry less weight. Third, I never have too much trouble waiting for fills, but I like nice lengthy surface intervals. Fourth, a little extra suffering on shore makes the water seem that much more special...

Back
Top Bottom