Where can I purchase new Faber HP 100 and hp 117 steel tanks in the Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard Dayan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Basically I only see AL 80 over there, moving there soon and I want to buy my own compressor and Tanks. AL80 is easy to find but I have not seen any steel tanks, does anyone know where I can purchase new HP100 and HP117 in the Philippines?

Thank you.

I don't know of a place that sells steel tanks.

But an option you can look into is a balikbayan box. I send a box from Texas every time I go home for a visit. It is based on volume not weight. 2x2x2ft box costs me USD85. It is surface, so it takes two months to get here. I use a company called LBC. They have an office in Houston. There are others.

There just is not a large market for steel cylinders. So places like Aquaventure Whitetip Dive Supply and Ocean Dive Supply don't carry them. You can get an AL100 easy enough.

As mentioned, Balikbayan box is an option. You can see if Dive Gear Express can ship...they do a lot of international business. I don't know what the Philippine tariffs / duties would be.

There just is not a large market for steel cylinders. So places like Aquaventure Whitetip Dive Supply and Ocean Dive Supply don't carry them. You can get an AL100 easy enough.

As mentioned, Balikbayan box is an option. You can see if Dive Gear Express can ship...they do a lot of international business. I don't know what the Philippine tariffs / duties would be.
Thanks guys, I guess I will just use an international dealer and just pay the shipping and tax. Al100 is too heavy. The tanks are for my personal use, not for rental. I believe it will cost about %50 more with shipping and tax. I can also try to contact faber and see who they recommend for sales to Philippines.

Back
Top Bottom