Where did I go with my force fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lingcodland is always full of surprises!

Lingcod_Gunnel_Side_0156.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after waiting for over a week the sun came out and my buddy and I were able to shoot a scene from a floating dock that it will be part of my most complicate video project that I have ever created so far titled Water Tale. This short video is just a sketch. After shooting three takes of a giant stride I decided that I had good video clips to work with so we did a shallow dive near the dock. We did not plan to make a video of the making of Water Tale. My buddy Sam began to shoot extra video clips on his own whim with the usual Canon Powershot A570. We got lucky that the water visibility was not too bad.

[video=vimeo;33179358]http://vimeo.com/33179358[/video]​

Last edited:
Did you get the part where Betty moves the bull kelp to get it out of the frame? Also, does everybody stomp on the deck every time they put their fins on?

Since we started to make car payments we have been diving mostly in our local dive sites. One great advantage in doing this, a part saving gas and money for our upcoming trip to Mexico, is that we get to know those sites very well. The amazing thing is that each time they reveal something new:What four unforgettable dives we did last week-end!

Betty&Sam_Dec12_11_0426.jpg
Betty_Sam_Dec12_11_0426.jpg

The visibility is between 10 ft. and less than 10ft... and the backscatter is awful!

Betty_BViz_Dec12_11_0415.jpg

Who cares when I see an animal that I have never seen before!

Redstripe_Rockfish_0237.jpg

Juvenile Bocaccio or Redstripe Rockfish?

and the small reef is packed with juvenile Wolf Eels and Giant Pacific Octopi?

Last edited:
AND.. I had my first "handshake" with a Giant Pacific Octopus! Fortunately he let go before Betty had to stab him in the eye with her dive knife! I promised never to poke at a GPO again.

AND.. I had my first "handshake" with a Giant Pacific Octopus! Fortunately he let go before Betty had to stab him in the eye with her dive knife! I promised never to poke at a GPO again.

:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

You shouldn't count on me in rescuing you from a GPO's probing in response to your unsolicited poking, my little knife has a square end and it's probably very rusty and dull by now! :wink:

Please don't do it again! I don't want to deal with a face full of bruises like the one of that diver on FB!

Last edited:
Water sustains life on earth as we know it. Water welcomes us when we swim, snorkel and scuba dive. I bet that most of us do not usually wonder where it comes from. We know that it falls down from the sky in the form of rain, snow or hail, while the oceans, rivers and lakes seem to have been in existence since the beginning of time. The initial starting point of this project was the water cycle. Then, I began to reflect about the intrinsic beauty of water in its diverse forms and colors. Memories of the aquatic creatures that I have encountered while snorkeling and scuba diving filled my head. So I decided to weave all of these watery threads into one digital tapestry.

I looked at 3 years worth of video clips and shot others specifically for this video, only a few made it to the editing screen (and they were far more that I ever have to deal with).

My buddy and I shot most of them with our Canon Powershot A570 and S90.

For the first time I collaborated with a third scuba diver from Quebec: Dominique Brodeur and another Canadian filmmaker: John Novotny from Alberta. Thank you very much for letting me use your video clips!

I also want to thank my buddy Sam Osteen. His support, patience and advice have been invaluable for the creation of this work. Then, I want to thank the Spanish composer Roger Subirana Mata for the amazingly wonderful piece of orchestral music that he has made available for free on jamendo.com. Without his music it would have been much harder to pull this video together. Then, many thanks to Freqman, Herbert Boland and Felinorama who made available the water sounds on freesound.org.

Lastly, I want to thank Bob Evans and Blair Mott for putting up with my posts on the Force Fin Forum and the folks who have been stopping by since I began this thread, sometimes adding comments , posts or both.

[video=vimeo;34091697]http://vimeo.com/34091697[/video]

Happy Winter Holidays !

Best Wishes for a 2012 full of positive unexpected surprises !

Safe Fun Waterplay!

Last edited:
My first dive in a Mexican cenote: Dos Ojos...Wow!

DosOjos_0132.jpg
Mexican cenotes are truly magical and amazing places.

Betty_DosOjos_0160.jpg

My buddy and I were told that cenote Dos Ojos is usually very crowded with scuba divers and snorkelers and has poor visibility. Fortunately we got lucky. It turned out to be relatively quiet and the visibility was crystal clear. It was a Monday morning, the entrance was not filled with snorkelers and the cavern was not silted up by divers with bad buoyancy control.

(JEEZ! I have to do something about that necklaces hose!:shakehead:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom