Where did this magazine subscription come from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterFox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently started getting copies of Scuba Diving magazine in the mail. I've received 3 issues so far, June, July, & August. I didn't order a subscription. Asked my family and no one in my family that I know of ordered it for me... I signed up for DAN insurance recently, but I don't think their policy comes with a free subscription to Scuba Diving magazine (Alert Diver yes, I get that one from DAN, but Scuba Diving???). So where the heck did it come from???? I want to know! Anyone know anything about this?

Actually the real reason I want to know is because I'm moving in a few weeks and it would be nice if the magazine was sent to my new address. Do I just call up Scuba Diving magazine and say "hey, I'm subscribed to your magazine, I don't know where it came from, I don't know how long I am subscribed to it for, and I have no account number. I've moved, can you please change my address in your system???". I dunno, just sounds a little weird to me. It would make me feel less like a :dork2: if I could say "hey, I have a free subscription to your magazine from so-and-so. I've moved, can you please change my address in your system."

I didn't know where to post this thread, its sorta scuba related and sorta not :confused:. Moderator please move if this is not the appropriate forum.

Buy anything from Scubatoys recently? Above a certain $$ value you get a year free.

Your Scuba Diving magazine subscription is tied into your DAN Insurance. You will have to contact SD in order to have your address change on your subscription.

No, it's Alert Diver that you get with DAN membership. But as someone else said, Scubatoys has been sending subscriptions to Scuba Diving as a customer bonus. We got a notification that we were getting the magazine from them, but such things sometimes go astray.
I would guess that you contact the magazine directly about the change of address. There should be a customer number on the mailing label that would expedite the change.

I recently started getting copies of Scuba Diving magazine in the mail. I've received 3 issues so far, June, July, & August. I didn't order a subscription. Asked my family and no one in my family that I know of ordered it for me... I signed up for DAN insurance recently, but I don't think their policy comes with a free subscription to Scuba Diving magazine (Alert Diver yes, I get that one from DAN, but Scuba Diving???). So where the heck did it come from???? I want to know! Anyone know anything about this?

Actually the real reason I want to know is because I'm moving in a few weeks and it would be nice if the magazine was sent to my new address. Do I just call up Scuba Diving magazine and say "hey, I'm subscribed to your magazine, I don't know where it came from, I don't know how long I am subscribed to it for, and I have no account number. I've moved, can you please change my address in your system???". I dunno, just sounds a little weird to me. It would make me feel less like a :dork2: if I could say "hey, I have a free subscription to your magazine from so-and-so. I've moved, can you please change my address in your system."

I didn't know where to post this thread, its sorta scuba related and sorta not :confused:. Moderator please move if this is not the appropriate forum.

Look real close to the address label. It may say "Compliments of....." Mine says A-1 SCUBA and Travel. A shop I have bought trips and "stuff" from.

No, it's Alert Diver that you get with DAN membership.

I got both Scuba Diving and Alert Diver with my DAN membership.

Sorry, ScubaTexan, that must have been a special deal I missed out on!
It appears there are several possible sources just lately.

i got mine from my friend

WaterFox,

I see you have 0-24 dives. New divers often get a free subscription from their diving instructor. Check with the place you got certified. They probably requested a free subscription for you.

Back
Top Bottom