Where do you get your customers from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know the answer to this is really going to depend on your location, but are any of you members of your local Chamber of Commerce? Is it even worth joining?

The only reason I'm considering it is because down here all of the chambers also run a visitor center, and you need to join to get your brochures/cards in the visitor center. I'm just not sure it's even worth it. You need to pay to join the chamber, pay to join the rack card program, and then you still need to pay for and supply your own cards. It's not a lot, but it's still a few hundred dollars just to have your info at a single location mixed in with ever other charter, tour, etc. where it may or may not even be seen by anyone. Even if it's just a few dollars, if it doesn't get you any business, it's money down the toilet.

For a fraction of the cost I can print a billion cards, and distribute them myself to every restaurant, hotel, and other local businesses in the area for no cost.

Also to quote someone working at a non chamber run visitor center, "The chamber are the ones who take your money, and then do nothing for you."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom