Where to dive in June in Asia for 2 intermediate divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also wonder why called SJ Sangalaki when the resort is actually based on Derawan.
I also wonder which is the best island to be based if one wants to dive all four islands. Interesting all these four islands offer something different from the others.
Getting there is just pain in the backside(really physically)!
As far as I am aware, Only 1 resort on Sangalaki, 0 on Kakaban, but a few on Maratua. There’s also Nunukan near Maratua. Have a look at the map. Derawan may not be the best base.

Derawan is closer to the mainland than the other three. It is also a lot more developed and has a sizable local inhabitant living on the island. And it also attracts Indonesian day trippers or weekenders and I won't be at all surprised that all those local restaurants are geared up to their demand rather than foreign divers. The food is great.
Personally, I would rather stay on the village in Derawan than those exclusive resorts on Sangalaki or Maratua.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom