where to dive on moorea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive ops I recommend Top Dive. Good operation.

As for sites, I trust them to decide for me. The only one I distinctly remember as different and specifically memorable was rose garden for the unusual coral formations.

TopDive is a great OP. I dove with them. "The Roses" is a really cool site. Huge coral shaped like blooming roses. I'd trust them to take you to the really cool spots.

DJ

Bathy's is the on-site shop for the Inter-Continental. Heard they do a good job, but even though I stayed there, went with Top Dive. Went over to Bathys to try to arrange afternoon dives one day and jsut didn't get the feeling they cared about my business - more focused on the snorkeling and other "resort" stuff than serious diving. Probably got them on an off day, but still made an impression on me.

We dove with Top-dive as well. We were realllly inexperienced at the time and were diving off the Tahitian Princess (on our honeymoon) But my memories are still better in moorea than any of the caribbean diving I have done since.

Also TD was great safety wise!!!! - we let them know up front how inexperienced were at the tiem and they assigned my husband and I our own DM :)

***as an aside, if you like snorkeling and can get over to Tahaa try and snorkel the coral gardens. UNBELIEVABLE! you can do a drift snorle from a few of the motus and swim thru the reef from ocean to lagoon. I have amazing photos of that trip!! I snorkeled on a many islands since we spent a month in FP, Marquesas, and hit one cook islands and Tahaa beat everything!

Back
Top Bottom