Where to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kxkid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking at getting a compressor for my personal use since where I live there is only 1 dive shop and they want $12 a fill and are a hour away I think having my own would be best. Now comes the question of what one and where to get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just getting my system put together, it ain't cheap!! Plan to spend $3000+, breathing air ain't cheap!

I know they are pricy at 3500 that's the price of 291 air fills at my LDS not including the fuel to get there throw that in the mix and your looking at only 137 fills and that's if gas was to stay at 3.30 a gallon.

Buying the compressor is just the start. You will have filter cartridges, and air tests every so often as well. Sounds like you are about in the same boat as me. My LDS is closing but that put me at an hour one way for fills. I have spent more than I planned but so far I am happy with my setup. Do you plan of doing nitrox? If just staying with air will be easier but where we fish nitrox is a must.

Just air. I live right on the Colorado river and 45 min from lake Havasu so nitrox is not needed

Wonder if anyone is running a 2.4 cfm Kidde from Jim Shelden? Seems like a good deal for filling a few tanks at the time.

I've got a max air model 35, 4.2cfpm machine. love it. i bring it w/ me everywhere and if i had to do it again, i'd definetly buy it.

call jim shelden..he will have what you need at a good price.

Back
Top Bottom