Where to stay/dive in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most on Bonaire even if heavily booked wont be crowded. Most people are out all day diving. I would choose a place that includes a rental vehicle and allows you to take tanks off site to explore the many spots to dive. At Buddy Dive last year, we spent very little time at the hotel since we were off diving. Eat, get 2 tanks each, eat again another 1 or 2 tanks, then eat again. By that time you eaither want to crash or go for a night dive. Most places seem to be on the water.

Nismo is correct.

The size of the facility in Bonaire is somewhat unimportant. Everyone is in the ocean not in their room!

I would recommend Buddy's by a long shot. Priced right, great amenities, great reef area. Plaza Resort has been quite good to me and Toucan Divers are great but for shore diving not as good for tanks and access as Buddy's. As you see Dan Laman has a great reputation and I have heard good things about Bel Mar (which is associated with Buddy's). Divi Flamingo comes highly recommended as well with great reef right there. Again, for a free-wheeling shore diving vacation you can not beat Buddy's.

I stayed in one of the 2 story 4-occupancy apartments at Eden Beach Resort a week in March '07.

I liked it. Clean. T.V. reception was rather poor if memory serves. The oven was a gas oven, I believe, and the temperature dial didn't have numbers, so you kind of had to guess heating up a frozen pizza. But I liked it & would go there again (plan to as part of a group, in fact).

One little thing. Klein Bonaire is right across from Eden Beach, so there is occasionally more current moving through there than is typical elsewhere on this side of Bonaire. We were told to look at the boats sitting out in the water. If they face Bonaire, fine. If there's enough current to turn them so they're parallel with Bonaire, stay out until it passes.

Never had a problem with it myself.

Richard.

We have only stayed at Buddy's but have no desire to look for something else. Even full, the place seems only 1/4 full. The trucks, air station, pool, restaurant, reef, dive shop, rooms, are all so convenient and the price is cheap compared to many other carribean destinations.

I made my first trip to Bonaire in August. We stayed at Bruce Bowkers Carib Inn, and loved it. Only about 10 rooms, so they book up pretty fast. They had a great house reef that I dove many times during the week we stayed. Also rented our truck through Poppy at Telerin, I can not say enough good things about her. She is great.

Carib Inn has studios, one bedrooms, two bedroom and 3 bedroom house, and Bruce's prices are very reasonable.

I stayed at Captain Don's several years ago. It was great and not too expensive. You could shore dive anytime day or night. We also did boat dives. The trip was awesome.

I wouldn't stay anywhere other than Deep Blue View in Bonaire. Menno and Esther are terrific hosts and it only has 5 rooms so it's peaceful and private. Their pool has a great view of the ocean and the cushion-filled hammocks surrounding it are perfect for crashing in post-dive. They aren't on the shore, but it really isn't a problem because a pick up truck (and unlimited tanks) is included in the price and it's but a 10 min drive to the shoreline. The breakfasts are great (Esther is a fantasic chef) and they include a sunset, rum punch sail and a BBQ night in the package. Each room has a private, secure locker for dive gear right next to the rinse tanks and security is great - to my knowledge they have never had a burglary yet, which isn't something the ops down on the shore can say!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom