Where to store items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
Until you get to where you can get a canister light. Put a bolt snap on it, get rid of the lanyard [if you have one]. clip it to your right shoulder d-ring, as you would a light head. When diving; keep it in your left hand except when you move it over to your right to check your pressure/adjust bouyancy... just as you would a light head.

Keep it in your left hand when you are using your left hand to run a reel, just as you would a lighthead. Fight the urge to put it in your right hand. Not only will this help you learn to keep a light steady when working with a reel; it will also speed up your desire to get a canister light :wink:

I too have a Light Cannon and am not ready to shell out the $$ just yet for a canister light (still trying to get over paying for the new drysuit!). It had never occured to me before but I like this idea of starting to use the light with my left hand. However these discussions have made me think that perhaps the best temporary solution might be to remove the pistol and fabricate a Goodman handle. I could then add a snapbolt around the lens as well. Has anyone done this? Appreciate any thoughts and/or comments.

so tell me this, when you guys determine which pocket you are storing your smb,spools ,spare mask etc etc etc do you load the right pocket with as much stuff possible? trying to access the pocket on your left leg with anymore than 1 stage on is almost impossible.

The way I learned it, the right pocket has things you intend to use during the dive, and the left pocket has backup items.

radinator:
The way I learned it, the right pocket has things you intend to use during the dive, and the left pocket has backup items.
I didn't learn it that way, but that makes sense and is what I've been doing. More because it's just easier for me. My backup mask and other stuff that I hope not to use too often are in my left pocket... but I also don't carry stages yet.

Chris

California Diver:
so tell me this, when you guys determine which pocket you are storing your smb,spools ,spare mask etc etc etc do you load the right pocket with as much stuff possible? trying to access the pocket on your left leg with anymore than 1 stage on is almost impossible.

That is completely untrue. Any number of properly rigged stages should not interfere with access to your left pocket. If you are having that much trouble there is something wrong with the way you are doing it. You should be able to slide your arm between the tail of the stages and your body instead of trying to reach around them.

radinator:

Not entirely true. Left pocket also carries items you want to get at without letting off the trigger. Spools, pigtail, etc.

Where should i put a rescue whistle?

FWIW --Halcyon Diver's Life Raft, folded into its optional pouch (available separately), butt mounted to the bottom of the BP with shock cord (there was no freakin' way to stuff all that into the MC Pouch!) and clipped-off to the rear D-ring of the crotch strap. A must have and invaluable for remote dive sites where the current is ripping. . . http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=762757&postcount=19

Kevrumbo:
FWIW --Halcyon Diver's Life Raft, folded into its optional pouch (available separately), butt mounted to the bottom of the BP with shock cord (there was no freakin' way to stuff all that into the MC Pouch!) and clipped-off to the rear D-ring of the crotch strap. A must have and invaluable for remote dive sites where the current is ripping. . . http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=762757&postcount=19
I knew that monster didn't fit in the MC Pak. I wondered where folks put it aside from in their closet at home..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom