Where to store tanks in an RV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lived in one for five years

Put them here

IMG_0837.jpeg

Our rv had storage under the bed. Bit of a pita to get stuff in/out but plenty of space and cosmetics aren’t as much of an issue.

Our rv had storage under the bed. Bit of a pita to get stuff in/out but plenty of space and cosmetics aren’t as much of an issue.

That’s a good spot also but that’s where we kept things we need access to like coats and cases of bulk food items.

I found a good secure place for them on the dinette seats. It's just my Wife and dog and I traveling so we don't need all the seating area. The two tanks are strapped together with a cinch strap and then strapped onto the seat with both sets of seat belts. They're not going anyplace. They're laying down during travel but I set them upright when we're parked.

I found a good secure place for them on the dinette seats. It's just my Wife and dog and I traveling so we don't need all the seating area. The two tanks are strapped together with a cinch strap and then strapped onto the seat with both sets of seat belts. They're not going anyplace. They're laying down during travel but I set them upright when we're parked.
Seems an acceptable solution. However, if possible, I think I would prefer storing the couple of cylinders strapped down inside a storage compartment accessible from outside the cabin, out of sight. This would address issues of safety, clutter, and dirt and grime being brought into the cabin from outside.

rx7diver

Seems an acceptable solution. However, if possible, I think I would prefer storing the couple of cylinders strapped down inside a storage compartment accessible from outside the cabin, out of sight. This would address issues of safety, clutter, and dirt and grime being brought into the cabin from outside.

rx7diver

Your interior real estate is very precious

We wanted to stay on the beach at Camp Pendleton or Coronado

We would go home on the weekends
Looks like quite a nice scuba RV--even though slide-out compartments (is that what they're called?) give me a bit of the willies. I imagine touring down the road and then having the slide-out suddenly "decide" to slide out! At 70 mph!! Probably can't happen, but still ...!

rx7diver

Looks like quite a nice scuba RV--even though slide-out compartments (is that what they're called?) give me a bit of the willies. I imagine touring down the road and then having the slide-out suddenly "decide" to slide out! At 70 mph!! Probably can't happen, but still ...!

rx7diver

Yeah, that doesn't happen, (slide outs just sliding out). They're on rails with "teeth", a motor akin to a motorcycle starter motor has a corresponding gear to move them in/out.

Slideouts give you an impressive addition of space.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom