Which Aqaba diving center to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
I plan to dive in Aqaba for 3 days as part of a trip in Jordan and I'm looking for a good diving center.
Somehow, the recommendations on Tripadvisor don't look reliable.
Thank you

I was there in 2018. I used Sinai Divers, located at Tala Bay. It's an excellent operation with a wonderful house reef. Svetlana and Paul are strong divers and managers. Aqaba – Jordan | Sinai Divers

Another reason I liked Sinai Divers was the manager at the time, Jason. He has since moved to Scuba Zen Aqaba. I haven't dived with them but I would to dive with Jason. Home - Scuba Zen Aqaba

Aqaba . . . . Omar Sharif pointing out to Peter O’Toole as they reached their destination . . . . I will never forget this scene and the movie
That scene was filmed in Andalucia, Spain. Some of the movie was filmed in Wadi Rum, including Mushroom Rock.

I was there in 2018. I used Sinai Divers, located at Tala Bay. It's an excellent operation with a wonderful house reef. Svetlana and Paul are strong divers and managers. Aqaba – Jordan | Sinai Divers

Another reason I liked Sinai Divers was the manager at the time, Jason. He has since moved to Scuba Zen Aqaba. I haven't dived with them but I would to dive with Jason. Home - Scuba Zen Aqaba
thank you

Been over 10 years now since I dived Aqaba, and I've used Dive Aqaba twice.

Nice boat called Laila and good food during the SI.

The only downside was waiting for the coast guard to give permission for the boat to go out.

The last time I dove there (2008) I made 10 dives with Red Sea Dive Center and had no complaints. If you do end up there, look up Abdullah M. Al-Momany, his father is the founder there and he went out of his way to help with our requests. Tell him the Navy guy that sent him the stuff from Scripps in La Jolla says hi and hope he is doing well.

I plan to dive in Aqaba for 3 days as part of a trip in Jordan and I'm looking for a good diving center.
Somehow, the recommendations on Tripadvisor don't look reliable.
Thank you
I work at Deep Blue Dive Center (deepbluedivecenter.com) in Tala Bay. We are very professional and safe. We have 2 boats and also great shore diving. Take a look at my IG page to see some of my photos from Aqaba.

I used Arab divers as the accomodations were cheap and friendly. Mick and Vicky are gone to the Pacific but the remaining folks are helpful and keep it all clean. The Laila crew from in town did a good job with good food if you get to dive with her. Make those arrangements in town.
Tony Idaho

I just returned from Jordan and had two wonderful days diving with Jason / Scuba Zen! Thanks for the recommendation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom