Which compressor to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We actually have both for sale... a Rix 3 cfm, and a Bauer 10 cfm. I just got a Bauer K15 which puts out about 17 cfm, so I'm selling off the Bauer K12. We used the Rix with a Masterline Nitrox Stick as it was oil-less. Worked fine is looking to fill up 5 -12 tanks a week or so, but if knocking out 30 a day - I'd tell you to shy away. We would rebuild the 3rd stage piston (toss new rings on it) about every 75 hours or so. I costs about 40 bucks to do it, and takes about 20 minutes. Really, about the same cost and time as doing an oil change - so that's a coin toss.

It really depends on how much air you need to push each week.

I love my Rix SA6. I continuos blen up to 40% (usually 32%) nitrox through it. I have close to 300 hours since my last rebuild but I am only pumping at over 3 cfm. No worries about oil or CO. I have a repacable filter for moisture. It also has a little charcol just in case. I repack the filter around 80 - 100 hours of use. It's nice having bone dry tanks.

I'll pump 21/35, 30/30 to 3700psi through it. I would not pump 18/45 through the rix at the higher pressures.

scubatoys:
We actually have both for sale... a Rix 3 cfm, and a Bauer 10 cfm. I just got a Bauer K15 which puts out about 17 cfm, so I'm selling off the Bauer K12. We used the Rix with a Masterline Nitrox Stick as it was oil-less. Worked fine is looking to fill up 5 -12 tanks a week or so, but if knocking out 30 a day - I'd tell you to shy away. We would rebuild the 3rd stage piston (toss new rings on it) about every 75 hours or so. I costs about 40 bucks to do it, and takes about 20 minutes. Really, about the same cost and time as doing an oil change - so that's a coin toss.

It really depends on how much air you need to push each week.

$40 for third stage rings!!! Can I get them for that much from you?

Back
Top Bottom