Which fins? Other suggestions welcome...and why.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. They sound nice. The extended foot pocket plus the signed of the Altima boot might help with some foot/toe cramping I deal with sometimes.

I have two pairs of booties and two sets of fins. I have the thin soled 3mm dive booties and dive an XL fins. For Bonaire, I bought thick soled booties which looks like actual shoe soles and had to buy an XXL version of my fins to fit.

Afternoon all.

Just figured I'd post a follow-up to my fun question.

I went with the Jet Fins in XXL. Really i did it because they were a cheaper deal. $60 for the set so I figured I'd give them a try.

Impressions so far are that I love having the Altima boots as my dive shoe. Better support, abrasion/puncture resistance, and stability than regular booties.

The jets do leave me foot heavy with no wetsuit but not terribly so. I may keep an eye out for a pair of xxl Eddy's and see about grabbing them.

So far I'm happy with the XXL fit. And like i said, having a real shoe hiking to beach dives is nice.

Thanks for the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom