Which island in Hawaii has the best diving in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer the Big Island as it has lots of shore and boat diving the more I dive there the more I like it.. My strong second is Maui but I would like to get to Niihau one of these days.

I prefer the Big Island as it has lots of shore and boat diving the more I dive there the more I like it.. My strong second is Maui but I would like to get to Niihau one of these days.
In Kona, is it often cloudy?

In Kona, is it often cloudy?
Kona is on the dry side of the island so more sun than clouds but it's still a tropical island so you can get rain on any day. Just wait a few minutes and it will pass.

Really no "right" answer to this one. September is a fairly consistent weather month I feel for diving on the leeward coasts. Speaking for Kauai where I live, it's a great time to cross to Niihau though I'd suggest the first couple weeks of Sept.
Aloha from Kauai! Feel free to reach out when the time comes and you're looking to do Niihau. I'd be more than happy to help you out however I can. It certainly is an AWESOME trip. In the meantime, Happy Holidays and Happy Diving to you!
A

Kauai, would be your home base if you want Niihau which is an expensive dive and Kauai, like Maui, has expensive accommodations. Kauai's visibility isn't great as a whole, will probably see more turtles than any other island or possibly the world (lol)
Oahu, if you're willing to rent a car, has a lot, Sea Tiger wreck to the south (resident white tip sharks, usually turtles), China wall to the East, West side is cool and I highly recommend the electric beach which you could snorkel and the North Shore. Also on the North Shore, you have a bunch of shark snorkel operators
Kona, Manta's at night, Tiger Beach, probably the best odds with diving with dolphins of all the islands

Maui, haven't dove there yet

Here's the Mantas and dolphins from my last Kona trip a few months ago

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom