Which Island is best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

litlhouse

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Trying to choose fron Grand Cayman, Little cayman, and Cayman Brac. Planning a complete dive trip first week of December. Ideas and insights welcome.
Steve

Which island is best?

For what in particular? Seriously.

They all offer individual delights, advantages and enticements.

Trying to choose fron Grand Cayman, Little cayman, and Cayman Brac. Planning a complete dive trip first week of December. Ideas and insights welcome.
Steve
like Roatanman said, they are different.
What are you looking for on a dive trip?
do you want 2 dives in the am, then topside activities in the afternoon? Grand Cayman
do you want to do nothing but dive and talk about diving all day? Little Cayman or Cayman Brac
are you traveling with a non-diver? Grand Cayman
do you want a hopping nightlife? Grand Cayman

I am sure others could add to this.

We have stayed on both Grand Cayman and Cayman Brac. If you want more activity and nightlife, go to Grand Cayman.

Cayman Brac is quiet and not a party spot. For diving only, I say go to Little Cayman.

While we were on Brac we did a day of diving on Bloody Bay Wall and it was spectacular. We said we would definitely be back to Little Cayman so we could dive that wall again. We are in the process of planning a trip there this summer. I can't wait.

From what I read, Little Cayman is much quieter than Brac so if action is important, opt for GC instead.

so here's the deal.. good responses all... I am a dive "monster", my wife is a follow wife scuba lady. Nothing wrong with either...except maybe me... I wanna dive all the time. I could dive and talk about diving 24/7. Her??? Not quite so much. So on the Islanda i become torn.i like Little or Brac... know she will like Grand better. Help me out...

Split the trip. 4 days on GC with 3 days on LC or CB.

Gotta appease the other half some, or else she'll lose the "follow" part of the description. I haven't been to any of the above, but from your admission and the descriptions here, sounds like you gotta do at least a few days on the Grand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom