Question first time in Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregtaffet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning a diving trip to Grand Cayman with my son in the first week of Oct. Would appreciate any recommendations on who to dive with. We are both experienced divers. Thanks in advance.

Just Dive (used to be called Lobster Pot) is outstanding for divers of all experience and skill levels. Mike Painting and his team will give you relaxed, laid back, safe, and fun dives.

Give Thomas Shropshire a shout at Off the Wall Divers in Grand Cayman! Off The Wall Divers
Exactly what you're looking for!

Living the Dream divers. Excellent boats, crew and service.
Cayman University Divers. With CUD you just might have the boat to yourselves that time of year. I used CUD four times - twice there were 3 divers and twice 2 divers. Brad is an excellent guide and really knows how to find the critters. One time he brought a magnifying glass to get a good peek at the wee ones. He is great.
Both are my go to ops.

We’ve used Divetech, good guides and purple boats, plus their shop is at a decent shore-dive site, which you can enter from a concrete pool which has a channel out to the ocean.

Planning a diving trip to Grand Cayman with my son in the first week of Oct. Would appreciate any recommendations on who to dive with. We are both experienced divers. Thanks in advance.
Do you already have a place to stay? That might make a difference.

Do you already have a place to stay? That might make a difference.
No. I wanted to pick the dive operator first and then pick a place to stay based on the operator. I would also appreciate any recommendations on places to stay in addition to a recommendation for a dive operator.

There are a lot of good dive ops, Greg. They wouldn’t exist if they weren’t good. If you’re interested in a place to stay and dive, I recommend that you look into Compass Point Dive Resort on the East End and get the dive package with Ocean Frontiers. It will be a lot quieter out there. If you want to include nightlife, best to stay on the West End and dive with the shops already mentioned.

If you are staying on the west end with a west end dive op don’t pick accommodations based on the op. Most ops pick up and drop off free anywhere from Georgetown right up to Lighthouse point. You can stay almost anywhere you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom